Mrs. Donna L. Yeisley M.Ed., PA-C
Title: Department Chair/MPAS Program Director, Associate Professor
School: Health Sciences
Academic Department: Physician Assistant Science
Office Location: Sullivan Hall 104
- Masters Degree in Education, Saint Francis College, May 1991
- Alderson Broaddus College, Bachelor of Science in Medical Science, May, 1979 Magna Cum Laude
- Elmer L. Myers High School, College Preparatory, June, 1975 Valedictorian
Teaching responsibilities include Well-Child, Behavioral Medicine and History Taking and Patient Education
Saint Francis University, Department of Physician Assistant Sciences, MPAS Program Director/Department Chair
- Responsible to the Dean of the School of Health Sciences for the organization, administration, continued development, periodic review, including accreditation process, and general effectiveness of the Department. Supervisor of all Department faculty and staff. Preparation and oversight of Department’s budget and grant activities.
Saint Francis University, Department of Physician Assistant Sciences, Academic Coordinator
- Responsible for coordination of professional first year curriculum including administrating, teaching and evaluating courses. Administrative duties include student advising, grant writing and monitoring academic experiences.
Saint Francis College Department of Physician Assistant Sciences, Clinical Coordinator
- Responsible for coordination of clinical year, including establishing clerkships, students' schedule and evaluation including Senior Day and site visits. Assist in first year teaching, underclassmen clinical experience and administrative duties including grant writing.
Vicki Sommer, MD, Part-time Physician Assistant
- Involved in direct patient evaluation and care in private pediatric office.
V.A. Medical Center, Part time Physician Assistant
- Performed admitting histories and physical examinations.
Blair Orthopedic Associates, Physician Assistant
- Responsible for histories and physicals, in hospital chart work, plaster techniques, assisting in surgery and administrative duties.
- Nationally Board Certified Physician Assistant by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants in Primary Care and Surgery; 1980
- NCCPA Recertification; June, 2014
- Certified and Registered Physician Assistant, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- American Academy of Physician Assistants: Fellow member
- Physician Assistant Education Association: Awards Committee; 2013 - present
- Association of Physician Assistant Programs: Expert Committee on Self-Assessment Examination Development (PACKRAT); 1996-2008
- Association of Physician Assistant Programs: Research and Review Committee; 1988 – 1992
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants: Fellow member; CME Committee: 1986 – 1989
- Association of Physician Assistant Programs: Committee on Clinical Education and Evaluation for Physician Assistant 2000; 1987 1988
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for Physician Assistant, Inc. Site Visitor: June 2010 - present
- Valedictorian High School Graduating Class; June, 1975
- Magna Cum Laude graduate Alderson Broaddus College; May, 1979
- Outstanding Young Women of America, 1987
- Promoted to rank of Assistant Professor of PA Sciences; effective July, 1991
- Promoted to rank of Associate Professor of PA Sciences, effective July, 2003
- Inducted into Pi Alpha National Honor Society for Physician Assistants; April 2007
Presentations and Professional Activities
- "Casting Practical Workshop." 11th Annual PSPA Conference, October, 1986.
- "TASK ACT A Skills Evaluation Format." APAP Eastern Consortium Meeting; July, 1987.
- "Preceptorship Issues." Saint Francis College and Hahneman University Physician Assistant Programs Preceptor Workshop, June, 1988.
- Coordinated Annual Saint Francis College Physician Assistant Program Preceptor Workshops, 1989-91.
- Commencement Speaker. Saint Francis College Physician Assistant Program, August 1991.
- Conference Site Coordinator Saint Francis College. Bowman Gray School of Medicine Satellite PA Comprehensive Review; October, 1991 and 1992.
- Member Association of Physician Assistant Programs: Expert Committee on Self-Assessment Examination Development (PACKRAT), 1996-2008.
- Contributing author of “Rheumatology” and “Orthopedic” chapters in Appleton and Lange’s Review for the Physician Assistant, 4th edition, 2002
- Contributing author of “Rheumatology and Orthopedics” chapter in Appleton and Lange’s Outline Review for the Physician Assistant Examination, 2nd edition, 2003
- “A Problem-Based Approach to Diabetes Mellitus: Treatment Issues.” Saint Francis University TEAMS Summer Science Institute, July, 2008.
- Contributing author of “Rheumatology” chapter in Appleton and Lange’s Review for the Physician Assistant, 6th edition, 2011
- “Teaching Loads and Credit Hour Compliance in PA Education.” Focused Discussion Facilitator. Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) Annual Forum: November 2011.