Mrs. Jill Cavalet MHS, PA-C
Title: Clinical Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator
School: Health Sciences
Academic Department: Physician Assistant Science
Office Location: Sullivan Hall 104
- Master of Health Science, Saint Francis University, May 2008
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Sciences, Cum Laude, Saint Francis College, August 1998
Teaching responsibilities include Behavioral Medicine
Saint Francis University, Department of Physician Assistant Sciences, Clinical Assistant Professor/ Instructor, Clinical Coordinator
- Classroom instruction of Behavioral Medicine and Introduction to Medicine courses PHYA 480, 481, and 112.
- Coordinating the Transition to Practice course, MPAS 590, for clinical year students completing rotations. Includes a Masters Capstone Project, nine exam and lecture days, board and licensure preparation, and remediation.
- Recruitment and development of clinical rotation sites, conducting on-site student evaluations, clinical rotation scheduling, and student credentialing for site privileges.
- Development and coordination of nine, four-credit clinical rotations, as well as creating and grading rotation exams, assignments, and student advising.
Altoona Regional Health System, Behavioral Medicine Department, Physician Assistant
- Performing patient histories and physical exams, discharge summaries, rounds, daily progress notes, general medical care, order writing, and prescriptions.
- Working with a multidisciplinary treatment team of psychiatrists, nurses, mental health workers, social workers, psychologists, occupational and recreational therapists.
- Served as a full time preceptor for SFU Physician Assistant students.
- Other duties included outpatient geriatric medical evaluations and physicals, as well as service on an additional 10-bed inpatient unit prior to its closing.
- Conference Presentation-“Social Media in PA Education: The Pros and Cons of Post and Tweets.” Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Forum, November 8, 2012.
- Poster Presentation- “PA Students’ Attitudes Toward Patient/Procedure Logging.” Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual CME Conference, October 18-19, 2012.
- Conference Presentation-“Eating Disorders.” Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual CME Conference, October 20, 2011.
- Conference Presentation-“Management of Depression and Anxiety.” Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual CME Conference, October 29, 2010.
- Poster Presentation-“Prescription Drug Abuse.” Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual CME Conference, October 29, 2010 and SFU Faculty Development Session, March 25, 2010.
- Paper Presentation-“PA Students’ Attitudes Toward Patient/Procedure Logging.” Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Forum, October 23, 2010.
- Conference Presentation- “Prescription Drug Abuse.” Cambria County Student Assistance Program. October 27, 2009
- Cavalet, J., et al. (2013). Women’s Health, Pediatrics, and Behavioral Medicine End of Rotation Examinations. Physician Assistant Education Association. Contributing author
- Cavalet, J., Hall, M. (2012). “Management of Osteoarthritic Pain.” PharmCon Continuing Education for Health Professions Series.
- Weimert, C., Cavalet, J. (2012). “Acceptance and Use of Exercise Among Physicians and Physician Assistants as a Treatment Option for Depression.” SPECTRUM: Journal of Student Research at Saint Francis University.
- Kagarise, M. & Cavalet, J. (2011). “Complicated Pregnancies” Chapter of Physician Assistant Review 4th Ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
- Moist, M., Woods, T., & Cavalet, J. (2009). Saint Francis University General Education, Objective 14 Health and Wellness Report.
- Fellow Member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Fellow Member of the Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants (PSPA)
- Current certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants; Recertification exam and CME requirements (100 hours/2 years) up to date
- Current license from the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine
- Current CPR Certification
Service and Activities
- Physician Assistant Education Association Rotation Exam Review Committee: 2011-current
- Chair, SFU Faculty Development Committee: 2008-2009, 2012-2013
- School of Health Sciences Clinical Education committee: 2008-current
- PSPA Conference Committee member: 2007-2012
- SFU Faculty Development Committee member: 2006-2009, 2011-current
- SFU Relay for Life team participant: 2006, 2008-2010
- Pi Alpha National PA Honor Society SFU Chapter chair: 2006-current
- Faculty Advisor for SFU Physician Assistant Student Society: 2005-current
- SFU Community Enrichment Series events (2005-present), freshmen advising (2007-current), CORE 102 course Instructor (Fall 2008, Spring 2009)
- Cresson Presbyterian Church- pianist, clarinetist, elder, worship committee: 1999-current
Awards and Honors
- Preceptor of the Year 2004-2005 given by the SFU PA Department
- Finalist, SFU Honor Society Distinguished Faculty Award- 2009, 2010
- Pi Alpha National Honor Society Inductee 2011