Mary Ann Wharton PT, MS
Title: Curriculum Coordinator, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
School: Health Sciences
Academic Department: Physical Therapy
Office Location: Stokes Building, Suite 229
Additional Contact Information: fax: 814-472-3140
- BS, Ithaca College
- MS, University of Pittsburgh
Clinical & Research Interests:
- Geriatric Interventions Strategies
- Ethics and Values in Health Care
- Fall Prevention
- PHTH 430 Health Care Systems 1
- PHTH 530 Health Care Systems 2
- PHTH 531 Health Care Systems 3
- PHTH 532 Health Care Systems 4
- PHTH 552 Patient/Client Management 6 - Clinical Interventions
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association
- Bair, J, Bass, D, deRoos Bassage, D, et al. "An Aging Society: Implications for Health Care Needs Impacts on Allied Health Practice and Education. A Report of the National Task Force on Gerontology and Geriatric Care Education in Allied Health." Journal of Allied Health 1987; 16(4): 283-373.
- deRoos Bassage, D, Fanelli, MT, Liebig, P, Selker, LG, and Wharton, MA.,"Innovations in Allied Health." in the Summary Report of the Conference on Rehabilitation and Geriatric Education: Perspectives and Potential. U.S.D.H.H.S. and U.S. Department of Education, Contract No. 240-87-0051. 1988. 112-114.
- Wharton, MA. "Rehabilitation and the Elderly: Emphasizing Function." Rehab Management 1989; 2(3): 53-54.
- Avers, D and Wharton, MA. "Instructional Strategies: Improving Exercise Adherence for Older Adults." Topics in Geriatric Rehab 1991; 6 (3): 62-73.
- Wharton, MA "Environmental Design: Accommodating Sensory Changes in theElderly", in Geriatric Physical Therapy. Guccione, AA., ed. Chicago, Illinois, Mosby-Yearbook. 1992.
- Wharton, MA, Zaccardi, M, Lynch, D, and Young, K. "Effects of Walker Height on Posture in the Elderly Population." Issues on Aging 1994, 17(2): 5-8.
- Wharton, MA, Holley, T, and Medlin, KP. "Musculoskeletal System: Geriatric Considerations", in Saunders Manual for Physical Therapy Practice. Myers, RS., ed. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. WB. Saunders Company. 1995.
- Wharton, MA. "Ethical Guidelines for the Physical Therapist Assistant." in A Module on the Education and Utilization of the Physical Therapist Assistant. Moreland, R., ed. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1995.