Ms. Melissa Hall MPAS, PA-C
Title: Instructor/Clinical Coordinator
School: Health Sciences
Academic Department: Physician Assistant Science
Office Location: Sullivan Hall 101
- Masters of Physician Assistant Sciences, St. Francis University, May 2001
- Bachelors of Health Sciences, St. Francis University, May 2000
Teaching responsibilities include Infectious Disease
- Clinical Coordinator/Instructor, Saint Francis University
- Instruction of PA 401: Introduction to U.S. Health Care and PA 201: Introduction to Medicine courses.
- Coordinating PA 590: Transition to Practice course for clinical year students completing rotations.
- Recruitment and development of clinical rotation sites.
- Development and coordination of nine, four-credit clinical rotations.
- Adjunct History and Physical Exam Grader, St. Francis University
Clinical Preceptor for St. Francis University
Assisted with clinical year PA students while working with Lexington Hospitalists
Altoona Regional Health System Surgical Pretesting Unit
Responsibilities included pre-anesthesia evaluations on patients including history, physical exam, and ordering preoperative testing, as well as working with the primary care physician and surgeon to ensure that patients are optimized prior to their surgery date.
Lexington Hospitalists, Altoona Regional Health System
Responsibilities included performing history and physical exams and admission orders, daily inpatient rounds, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic studies, discharge planning, as well as patient and family education.
Blair Medical Associates, Internal Medicine
Responsibilities included both sick visits as well as established follow up visits for chronic medical conditions, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic studies, and completing medical forms.
Kenneth Fugate MD, Internal Medicine
Responsibilities included performing history and physical exams, daily inpatient rounds, outpatient sick call and established patient follow up visits for chronic medical conditions, as well as ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- School of Health Sciences Clinical Education Committee
- Physician Assistant Education Association Test Item Writing Sub-committee member
- Relay for Life Patient Experience volunteer
- Brain Safety Fair advisor
- MPAS Administrative Assistant Search Committee member
- Department of Physician Assistant Sciences Clinical Coordinator Committee
- Performance Review Committee Member
- Faculty Senate Standards and Admissions Committee Member
- Pre-PA Major Task Force Member
- University Social Committee Member
Certifications and Licenses
- NCCPA Certified
- BLS Certified
- Current Pennsylvania Licensure
- Fellow member of the Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants
Papers and Presentations
- Poster Presentation- “PA Students’ Attitudes Towards Patient/Procedure Logging.” Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual CME Conference, October 18-19, 2012.
- Cavalet, J., Hall, M. (2012). “Management of Osteoarthritic Pain.” PharmCon Continuing Education for Health Professions Series.