Dr. Charles Dameron
Title: Associate Professor, Biochemistry
Academic Department: Chemistry
Office Location: Science Center 213
- B.S., Texas A & M University
- Ph.D., Texas A & M University
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Utah
Research & Teaching
- Zinc and copper induced protein-protein interactions
- Copper metabolism
- Chem 103 and 104
- Human Chemistry I and II
Other courses: (Courses taught at Duquesne University)
- Chemistry 401 and 402 General Biochemistry I and II
- Chemistry 325L and 425L Integrated Laboratory I and II
- Chemistry 325R and 425R Integrated Laboratory I and II Recitation
- Chemistry 475H Honors Senior Seminar
- Chemistry 490W Research
- Chemistry 490H Honors Research
- Chemistry 508 Biomolecular Structure and Function
Papers & Presentations
- Dameron, C.T. "Copper Binding Proteins, in Encyclopedia of Metalloproteins". Springers. (2013) 1, 200 pps.
- Pazehoski, K.O., Collins, T., Boyle,R.J., Jensen-Seaman, M.I., Dameron, C.T." Stalking Metal-linked Dimers". J. Inorganic Biochem. ( 2007) 102(3), 522-531.
- Stokes, E.B, Stiff-Roberts, A.B, Dameron, C.T. "Quantum Dots in Semi-conductor Optoelectronic Devices." Interface. 2006 15(4), 23-27.
- Cobine, P.A., McKay, R.T., Zangger, K., Dameron, C.T., Armitage, I.M. "Solution structure of Cu6 metallothionein from the fungus". Neurospora crassa. Eur. J. Biochem. (2004) 271 (21), 4213-4221.
- Jones, C.E, Daly, N.L., Cobine, P.A, Craik, D.J. & Dameron, C. T. "Structure and metal binding studies of the second copper binding domain of the Menkes ATPase". Journal of Structural Biology, 2003 143(3), 209-18.
- Lu, Z.H., Dameron, C.T. & Solioz, M. " The Enterococcus hirae paradigm of copper homeostasis: Copper chaperone turnover, interactions, and transactions". BioMetals, (2003) 16, 137-143.
- Wimmer, R.;Dameron, C.T.; Solioz, M. "Molecular Hardware of Copper Homeostasis". In Enterococcus hirae in Handbook of Copper Phamacology and Toxicology, (2002).
- Cobine, P.A.; Jones, C.E.; Wickramasinghe, W.A.; Solioz, M.; Dameron, C.T." The interaction of copper binding proteins" from Enterococcus hirae in Handbook of Copper Phamacology and Toxicology, (2002).
- Cobine, P.A., George, G.N., Jones, C.E., Wickramasinghe, W.A., Solioz, M. & Dameron, C.T. Copper Transfer from the Cu(I) Chaperone, CopZ, to the Repressor, Zn(II)CopY: Metal Coordination Environments and Protein Interactions. Biochemistry (2002) 41, 5822-5829.
- Cobine, P.A., Jones, C.E. & Dameron, C.T. (2002) Role for zinc(II) in the copper(I) regulated protein CopY. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, (2002) 88, 192-196.
- Corbine, P.; Jones, C.E.; Dameron, C.T. "Role for zinc(II) in the copper(I) regulated protein CopY". Biochem. (2002) 88,192-196.
- Cobine, P., George, G.N., Winzor, D.J., Harrison, M.D., Mogahaddas, S. & Dameron, C.T. (2000) Stoichiometry of the Complex Formation between Copper(I) and the N-terminal Domain of the Menkes Protein. Biochemistry 39, 6857-6863.
- “Natural metal induced dimerization and its role in regulation” invited lecture. 1st Georgian Bay International Conference on Bioinorganic ChemistryCanBIC, Georgian Bay Canada, May 22-27 2007.
- “Getting Hooked Up: A New Metal Binding Regulatory Motif” invited lecture in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Western Ontario, London Ontario Canada, May 25, 2006.
- “From Cells to Coordination Chemistry and Back Again” invited lecture in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry Duquesne University, September 2005.
- “Metal Links to Regulation” invited lecture at the summer SGI Summit on High Performance Computing for the Advancement of Science, Duquesne University, May 27, 2005.
- “Place-holding Roles for Zinc in the Formation of Mature 6Cu(I) N. crassa Metallothionein and 2Cu(I) E. hirae CopY invited lecture. 4th International Meeting on “Copper Homeostasis and its Disorders: Molecular and Cellular Aspects”, Ischia Italy, October 23-28, 2004.
- “Pre-stabilization of a Copper(I) Binding Site with Zinc” invited lecture. 19th Annual American Chemical Society Pittsburgh Section Student Affiliates Meeting, Duquesne University, April 2004.
- “A critical role for Zinc in the Action of a Copper Regulated Repressor” Midwest Metals Meeting-Metals in Biology 2, held at the Washington University in St. Louis, Chicago, May 16-18, 2003.
Patents & Journals
- United States Patent Application Serial No. 11/751,850, Filed 05/22/07
- Title: Self-Assembled Proteins and Related Methods and Protein Structures
Ad hoc reviewer for:
- Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry
- Biochemica et Biophysica Acta
- Trends in Biological Sciences.
- Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity