Dr. Lauri Chose
Title: Associate Professor of English and Environmental Studies
School: Arts & Letters
Academic Department: Environmental Studies
Academic Department: Literature and Languages
Office Location: Scotus Hall 321
- Ph.D. and M.A., English Literature and Criticism - Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., English Literature - University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Academic & Professional Specializations
- ecocriticism and animal rights ethical theories in literature
- literature and the environment
- literature and the Civil Rights Movement
- monsters in literature
- business communication
- “Realizing a Fantasy: Haniel Long’s Hanging Gardens of Pittsburgh.” Paper presentation delivered at the Modernist Studies Association Conference, Pittsburgh, PA. November 2014.
- "Cather’s Pittsburgh Walking Tour” Poster Presentation at the Faculty Development Poster Session (with Dr. Tim Bintrim and Dr. Brennan Thomas). March 2015.
- Began a Beekeeping Program at SFU, including coursework and a working apiary on campus. Spring 2015.
- Adviser of the Literary Club.