Dr. Ying Li
Title: Assistant Professor
Academic Department: Mathematics
Office Location: Science Center 011
Office Hours: Mondays: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Tuesdays: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. Wednesdays: 2- 4 p.m.
- BS in Computer Science: Beijing Jiaotong University
- Ph.D. in Applied Math: Michigan State University
- STAT 101 Statistics
- MATH 121 Calculus I
- MATH 122 Caluclus II
- MATH 212 Approximation Methods I
- MATH 306 Ordinary Differential Equations
- MATH 309 Mathematical Modeling
- MATH 312 Approximation Methods II
- MATH 322 Linear Algebra
- MATH 412 Projects in Scientific Computing
- Complex Analysis
- College Algebra
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of California , Irvine, 2007
- Solving Linear System of Equations using Graph Theory
- Applied Mathematics
- Inverse Problems
- Math Modeling
- Numerical solution of nonlinear diffraction problems, J. Comput. Appl. Math., 190(2006), 170-189.
- Lp estimates of Maxwell’s equations in a bounded domain, Journal of Differential Equations, (245)2008, 3674-3686.
- Inverse Scattering Approach on Tomography Problem Using Multi-frequency Data, Journal of Advanced Research in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 6(4), 10-28, 2014.
- Mathematical Modeling on Open Limestone Channel, Mathematics Exchange, Vol. 9(1), 2014.
- Effective ranges in a modeled open limestone channel, Faculty advisor, submitted to SIAM Undergraduate Research Online.
Applied Mathematics is a rich field that incorporates theoretical mathematics with many other fields. In our applied math program, you can choose courses from one of the following disciplines and obtain skills so forth.
- Computer Science
- Social Science